Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Unemployment Woes End

Not since the cavern officially closed again in *2007 have I worked for more than a week of days in a row, but last week my old boss called me to collect a debt.  I was astonished.  While working as a repairman for the Ernest Hemingway Glass Bottom Company, I clipped articles about where the tea company was headed.  It looked like no good opportunities abounded.  Yet here I am back in the wheat stack. 

Encouraging news:  I recently learned where Ruby O'Degee went.  It seems that she went back to using her married name Glenfadden and opened up shops in a hemiverse not too far away for me to find.  I landed there yesterday, joined the fraternity of Oxbridge Older Alpha Males and took up residence in the dormitory.  I don't like the dorms.  Not one bit.  I found an old billing statement in my luggage that belonged to a woman named Dolly.  Dolly once bought some tea from me.  Then she went on to charge brooms and vacuum cleaners. I don't think she ever paid the bill off. 

At any rate the bill was addressed to another woman, who is sick and dying, but is said to be wealthy, the descendant of this or whom.  I knew she'd never suspect I had ulterior motives.  I contacted her to rent a room, but she did not get back to me right away.  Today I looked up her holdings in the local press and found a place she owned.  When I got there to pick the lock, I noticed the door swinging wide open.  It was obvious someone had just left the premises.  I entered, went up the stairs and unpacked my luggage.  I am staying put.

*The D'ni Cavern is now reopened to visits.  You many book a complimentary ticket here http://mystonline.com/en/play/.

No comments:

Post a Comment